Patient Information about the SITS Registry
You have received treatment after being diagnosed with stroke. This treatment aims to reduce the impact of your stroke and protect against new incidents. In order for future stroke treatments to be as good and safe as possible, it is important with a thorough follow-up. Selected treatment (data) is recorded in an international data registry: the SITS Registry (Safe Implementation of Treatments in Stroke).
The purpose of the SITS Registry is to continue to improve future care and treatment of stroke through research and quality development. For this purpose we compare treatment and results.
If you do not wish to participate with your treatment records in the research registry, you can notify the responsible nurse or doctor (see “Hospital contact details” below). All data collected is treated confidentially.
The following information is collected:
- Age and sex
- Date and time of stroke onset
- Information about the stroke i.e., severity, disability and outcome
- Other relevant risk factors such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and more
- Results from the CT/MR scan of the brain
- General health status at follow-up
Important to know:
- Participation in the SITS Registry is entirely voluntary. Non-participation does not, in any way, affect the care you receive
- You can request a registry transcript at any time, cancel your participation in the registry. In such case, contact the responsible doctor or nurse
- If you have questions about the SITS Registry, please contact your local responsible physician or nurse
- Your data in the SITS Registry may only be used for research, statistics and quality improvement in health care
- Your data in the SITS Registry is protected against unauthorized access. Access to the registry is done through a secure login
- Research studies based on registration data require approval from an Ethics Committee Board
- Responsible for Personal Data collected is: SITS International, c/o Karolinska Institutet, Tomtebodavägen 18A, 5th floor, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden.
Hospital contact details: