SITS QR is a short and simple Stroke Care Quality Protocol. The protocol contains 23 questions, of which only 11 are mandatory, the remaining 12 questions are optional and may be left blank if preferred.
- Completing the SITS-QR form takes only 3 minutes for each patient
- The protocol is available to all centers to measure stroke care quality
- SITS QR is used for centers participating in the ESO-Angels Award program and the Angels program outside ESO Member States as well as the American Stroke Association/MENASO Stroke Certification program
The protocol is interactive! Once you create a new patient file in SITS-QR and the patient has received IVT and/or TBY treatments, a copy of the file will be created in the appropriate IVT and/or TBY protocol. This eliminates double work for data entry in the other protocols.
How to qualify for the Angels Award by using the SITS QR
• Centre needs to enter consecutive stroke patients (all types of stroke; ischaemic, haemorrhagic, and TIA) irrespective of acute interventions, such as IV thrombolysis or endovascular thrombectomy,
• The minimum number of patients that will qualify for an award is 30,
• The award level achieved will depend on the data captured by the centre in the last 3 months. If the centre only captures data for 1 month and they have more than 30 patients, this will be accepted, however it is preferable for centres to provide 3 months data capture,
• Awards will be calculated each quarter: Q1 Jan-Mar, Q2 Apr-Jun, Q3 Jul-Sep, Q4 Oct-Dec,
• At the end of every quarter, SITS will send a report with the results to the National Coordinator for approval,
• After the approval from National Coordinator, SITS will send the report to the ESO-Angels Awards Committee, other Angels Committees and also Angels Consultant for those centres who have accepted the term to share the data with the Consultants,
• The Angels Awards Committee will communicate with the national steering committees for final confirmation. If the national steering committee confirms that the awarded centres are correct, centres will receive their award.
ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification Program
ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification drives comprehensive quality stroke care to improve stroke patient care and outcomes. The Stroke Center Certification program provides a framework for creating and strengthening hospital processes and systems of care which have shown to improve patient outcomes.
The quality measures, as part of the new Stroke Center Certification, have data elements incorporated in the SITS Registry which makes the certification process easier to assess. This means that centers in the MENA-region who enter data in the SITS Registry will be eligible for the ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification Program. This also applies for new centers that join SITS and want to take part in the ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification Program.
Contact the SITS International Coordination Office for more information about how to use the SITS QR for the ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification Program.
Read more about how the American Stroke Association supports the Center Certification Process in the MENA region here.
Download the Eligibility Guide for the ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification Program.
Download the Program Overview for the ASA and MENASO Stroke Center Certification Program.